What Does an OCT Scan Do?
At our eye care practice, we are able to provide patients with retinal imaging and optical coherence tomography (OCT) by using the latest technology in vision care.
- Scans of the inner layers of the eye
- Cross-sectional images of the retina so each layer can be seen
- Specifically Optic nerve and Macula
- Can detect the earliest signs of disease before they are apparent
- Macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Serves as baseline measurements in healthy eyes so changes can be tracked over time
- Helps guide urgency of referrals to specialists
- Helps determine individual risk for development/progression of disease
- Non-invasive, no radiation waves emitted uses light waves to get 3D images